Welcome to the North Fork Valley Tourism Website by the North Fork Valley Chamber of Commerce.
The North Fork Valley is a beautiful and pristine area tucked away in the West Elk Mountains nestled between the North Fork and South Fork of the Gunnison River and two National Forests and the majestic Black Canyon National Park.
Starting with river activities, enjoy our Gold Medal fishing on the North Fork of the Gunnison River. Try stand up paddling out of Hotchkiss. Go on guided raft trips and fishing trips out of Crawford or at Pleasure Park near Hotchkiss. We have experienced guides for all activities along the river or enjoy your own solitude at several accessible river spots in the National Forest and BLM land. See more on Outdoor Activities.
- Western Slope SUP (Stand Up Paddling) Hotchkiss
- Gunnison River Expeditions - Crawford
- Pleasure Park - Between Hotchkiss and Austin
- Hotchkiss Fish Hatchery - Hotchkiss - Stocks the area reservoirs with over 600,000 fish annually.
- Ace Gambles Electric Bike Sales Hotchkiss
- Weekender Sports Electric Bike Sales Hotchkiss
- The Cirque Boutique - Paonia
- Optibike High Performance E-Bikes - Paonia
- SK Bikes - Paonia
Peaches, apples, cherries, plums, apricots and pears make up the bulk of the harvest from the North Fork Valley orchards. Grapes for wine grow particularly well in our higher altitude vinyards.
In addition to an organic farmer belief system, we care about our beautiful North Fork Valley and enjoy having the Western Slope Conservation Center and Citizens for a Healthy Community help keep our area special.
Budget time to check out the local art scene centered around the Paonia Creative District which is one of only twenty-three Creative Districts in Colorado. The North Fork Valley Creative Coalition based in Paonia and the Creamery Arts Center in Hotchkiss anchor the art activities in the area. A stroll down Paonia's Grand Avenue with historic buildings that house numerous art studios is a must. The historical Creamery Arts Center houses a beautiful and large collection of local artist's best work that is available for purchase. See more on Arts & Culture.
Or take it easy and grab a new or used book from our local bookstores and enjoy reading at one of several coffee shops serving locally roasted coffee. All three towns have comfortable and quaint coffee shops, with some showcasing arts and crafts from local artists.
- Will's Gallery and Used Books Hotchkiss
- Paonia Books - Paonia
- The Secret Door Bookstore - Crawford
- Coal Train Coffee House and Roasting Hotchkiss
- Lazy J Coffee Crawford
- Drive Brew Coffee & Blends - Hotchkiss
- Paonia Breadworks - Paonia
- Root & Vine - Paonia
- Sweetgrass - Paonia
- Two-Four-Six Coffee - Hotchkiss
- Big B's Delicious Orchards and Restaurant Between Paonia and Hotchkiss
- Creamery Arts Center Hotchkiss
- The Learning Council Kitchen Paonia
- Lazy J Coffee Crawford
- Hotchkiss-Crawford Historical Society and Museum Hotchkiss
- Paonia Museum (North Fork Society Incorporated Paonia
B&Bs & Motels - Chamber Members
- Hotchkiss Inn Hotchkiss
- Stone House Inn Crawford
- Immunity Farms Hotchkiss Area
- Bross Hotel Bed & Breakfast Paonia
- Redwood Arms Motel Paonia
- The Hitching Post Hotel and Farm Store Crawford
Area Restaurants serving Burgers, home cooking, TexMex, Sushi, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, farm fresh, and good ole fashion BBQ - Chamber Members
- Pat's Bar & Grill Hotchkiss
- Big B's Delicious Orchards and Restaurant Between Hotchkiss and Paonia
- Taco Hut Hotchkiss
- Zack's BBQ Hotchkiss
The North Fork Valley is 50 minutes from the Montrose Airport, and 60 minutes from the Grand Junction airport. Aspen is two hours away by car over beautiful McClure Pass and Denver is four hours away either by I-70 or the more scenic McClure Pass that goes by the Redstone Castle and the Paonia State Park. And if you come by Gunnision and the North Rim of the Black Canyon to Crawford, here's a picture of why the three towns of Crawford, Hotchkiss, and Paonia are part of the West Elks Scenic Byway.
The North Fork Valley is beautiful, charming, and pristine with numerous activities to make for a special vacation. Come for a visit.
North Fork Valley Tourism Websites and Online Guides
- NorthForkValley.net - Maintained by the North Fork Valley Chamber. You are here. This site is being actively updated as of March 2023.
- NorthForkVisitorGuide Over The Hill Media website that supports their printed North Fork Valley Tourism Guide.
- Colorado Scenic Byways - West Elk Loop - This is a nice site describing the loop through Crawford, Hotchkiss, and Paonia.
Printed Tourism Guides on the North Fork Valley available at area Visitor Kiosks - Viewable Online
- North Fork Valley 2022 Visitor Guide - By Over The Hill Media
- Valley Organic Growers Association Directory 2022 Directory of Farms, Business, and Supporters in the North Fork Valley
- Colorado Scenic Byway Printed Guide Online
The North Fork Valley is on the east portion of Delta County, in Western Colorado surrounded by the beautiful Grand Mesa and Gunnison National Forests and the majestic Black Canyon National Park. Please take a moment to read a North Fork Valley Introduction.
This website is maintained with the help and support of Thin Air Web.
Blue Diamonds next to a business indicates Membership in the Hotchkiss Chamber dba North Fork Valley Chamber. More than one Diamond indicates that the business has donated additional time and money to the Chamber. IT IS NOT A RATING. See The Diamond List for details.